DEFENCE AND AEROSPACE INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT FUNDING FOR SUNSHINE COAST BUSINESSES
25th May 2023
• Three small Sunshine Coast businesses have been awarded funding through Round 3 of the $1.5 million Defence and Aerospace Industry Development Fund (DAIDF)
• Collectively, the Sunshine Coast businesses will receive almost $43,000 in funding to acquire recognised certification to help them participate in new or existing supply chains in the defence, aerospace and space industries
• 24 Queensland businesses are sharing in more than $420,000 from Round 3 of the DAIDF
Three small Sunshine Coast businesses have been awarded funding through Round 3 of the Queensland Government’s $1.5 million Defence and Aerospace Industry Development Fund (DAIDF).
Deputy Premier and Minister for State Development Steven Miles announced the successful businesses in Parliament.
The DAIDF is designed to help small-to-medium sized businesses obtain internationally recognised certification, so they can compete more strongly in Australian and global defence, aerospace and space supply chains.
The successful Sunshine Coast businesses are:
• Felix Partnership Pty Ltd ($4,918) - Providing highly specialist mission integration services to defence with a focus on learning systems, and command control communications computers intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (c4isr) capability. Currently supplying into the defence supply chain.
• Raider Targetry Pty Ltd ($30,000) – Providing a selection of robotic moving, reactive and stationary targets which can be same-day deployed on any green field site and compared to traditional methods, reduces lasting environmental site impact by 95 to 100 per cent.
• Architectural Panels Pty Ltd ($8,020) - Manufactures and supplies innovative prefabricated roofing systems that deliver cost effective, energy efficient and sustainable solutions, providing a value-added alternative to conventional building methods. Currently supplying into the defence and aerospace supply chain.
For more information go to Defence and Aerospace Industry Development Fund here: https://www.statedevelopment.qld.gov.au/industry/defence-and-aerospace-industry-development-fund
Quotes attributable to Deputy Premier Steven Miles:
“The Queensland Government has made no secret of the fact that we want to be the lead state in supporting Australia’s Defence needs through our homegrown businesses.
“With a heavy Defence presence across the State, defence industries have far-reaching benefits for regional Queensland.
“More than 40 per cent of Australian Army personnel and their vehicles are based in Queensland and the state is in a prime position to leverage this.”
Quotes attributable to Nicklin MP Rob Skelton:
“Raider Targetry Pty Ltd is a fantastic Sunshine Coast business which is already supplying into the defence and aerospace supply chain.
“I’m proud to be part of a Palaszczuk Labor Government that’s doing everything we can to boost local businesses and grow industries here in Queensland.
Quotes attributable to Caloundra MP Jason Hunt:
“Architectural panels is another local team that’s already part of the aerospace supply chain and we know this Defence and Aerospace Industry Development Fund will help them grow that capability even further.
“It is a priority of this Palaszczuk Government to assist our smaller businesses to develop and promote their defence, aerospace and space capabilities, which will in-turn generate billions of dollars in revenue for Queensland.”